Ready, Set, Press


I admit it.  I am a hardcore coffee lover.  I just have to start my day with some warm fresh cup of joe.  Just smelling the brew of coffee just lights up my spirit.  One morning, I decided to brew me some coffee a little different than usual.  My friend, Designer Diva1103, was telling me about this new product that I just had to try.  The French Press Coffee Maker by Café Du Chateau was going to be something that I never did with my coffee.  That something was press.  Sure, I have seen coffee press in stores.  But, I never thought about trying it myself.  I guess there is a first time for everything.

 

Wash…

When I got my coffee press in the mail, I very curious on how my coffee was going to turn out.  I opened the box and looked at the manual on how to make coffee. The instructions seem simple and easy.   I first washed out the coffee presser before using it.  I filled the presser with warm water a quarter of the way in


the presser and added a drop of  soap in the presser. Next, I pressed down on the plunger.  I swirl the water around the presser for ten seconds.  Next, I dumped the water out of the sink and washed out the presser.  Then, I dried the presser with a dished towel and placed the presser on the kitchen counter.  This was just only the beginning of preparing my coffee.

 

Boil…

After washing my coffee presser, I boiled water  for the coffee.  The manual of the presser said to boil water in a coffee stovetop.  Considering that I did not have coffee stovetop, I used my coffee pot as a


measuring cup and poured nine ounces of water in a pot.  I turned the stove on to medium.  Next, I allowed the pot to boil for two minutes.  Then, I turned of the stove and allowed the water to cool off.  The manual instructed to let the water cool off for thirty seconds.  But, I allowed the water to cool off for ninety seconds just to be safe.  

 

Pour It…

After having the water to cool down,  I grabbed my coffee.  I took off the top of the presser and applied three table spoons of coffee in the presser.  I gently shook the presser back and forth until the coffee was even in the presser.  Next, I poured the warm water


back into my coffee pot, just to be able to carefully pour the water into the presser.  Then, I poured half of  the warm water from the coffee pot into the the presser.  I grabbed a medium sized spoon and stirred the coffee and water gently for five seconds.  Later, I placed the lid on the presser while the plunger was up and allowed the coffee the set for three minutes.  

 

It Is Ready…

After having the coffee to set in the presser for three


minutes, I pressed down on the plunger slowly.  I grabbed my coffee mug and poured myself some nice cup of joe.  Of course, I added in my cream and sugar.  Now, it was time to  drink!

 

After using Café du Chateau’s French Press Coffee Maker, I was happy with my coffee.  My coffee was strong but, that is how I love my coffee.  After using the presser for the first time,  this made coffee making more fun for me.  I will still be making my coffee the old fashioned way.  But,  I will shake up my morning here and there for this presser!

Comments

Popular Posts