No Make-Up, No Jewelry


 

Yesterday, I decided to not wear any make-up or jewelry. Why? I wanted to conquer my fear of being so insecure about my outer beauty.  I decided it was time to go all natural.  But, this process was not easy.  At first, I thought about just wearing foundation. Then, I thought about just wearing mascara.  I looked in the mirror, took a deep breath, and said to myself, 'I can do this.' I did not want to go into the world without any make-up and jewelry.  I look so tired and out of place without any make-up and jewelry. But, I know I can do this. I need to feel good about my outer beauty without make-up and jewelry.  I always felt insecure about not having on any make-up and jewelry.  I would always feel like I was naked. I would always like I was empty inside.  I always felt like I was so ugly.  So, I challenged myself to not feel so insecure about myself.  I challenged myself to walk around in public with no make-up and jewelry for one day. I went outside and took the bus to work.  At first, I felt so nervous on how others was going to react when they all see me with no make-up and jewelry. I felt really bad about walking around with no make-up and jewelry.  I was thinking to myself that this was a very bad idea.  I was thinking maybe I should of put on some foundation to cover up my blemishes.  Then, I realized that it was only for one day.  How bad can it possibly be? I went to work and we had a lot of guests. So many people was going to see how horrible my face really is without any make-up. I thought that not wearing any make-up or jewelry was a very bad idea. I went along and just worked until ever guest in the building was happy.  All of a sudden, some of my coworkers had noticed me without any make-up.  One of my coworkers even tried to joke that I look bad without make-up.  I tried to smile about the joke but, really did not like it.  While working really hard, I slowly began to forget that I had on no make-up and jewelry.  I went to the restroom and washed my hands.  As I was looking into the mirror, I realized how much I really missed my make-up and jewely. I freaked out so badly that it was not even funny.  I had to pull myself together in order to get back to work.  Then, I had a guest to thank me for a great service.  I end up getting a good tip despite that I was not supposed to be getting any tips from a guest.  Some guests were happy see me because I was a great worker.  It was at that moment that I realized that some people really did not care about me wearing any make-up and jewelry. I was perfect just the way I was.

Comments

Popular Posts