Blackened The Wedges

This weekend, I went back to my home town to hang out with my wonderful family.  Everything was great until Sunday.  I did not prepare for church.  Sure, I had a dress to wear to the service.  However, I forgot my shoes! Whenever I pack to go anywhere, I always wait until the last minute.  I am usually good at packing up necessary things.  This time, I was not so good.  How could I forget about my shoes?  I never forget about my shoes.  But luckily for me, I had shoes to wear all along.  Here is my story.

Broken Shoes…
On Sunday morning, I had a dress to wear.  But, I had no dress shoes to wear. My favorite dress shoes broke on Wednesday night during church service.  I has so upset that now I had to buy myself some more dress shoes.  But as usual, I put buying shoes off at the last minute. On Thursday night, I waited until the last minute to pack for my hometown.
I was not thinking that I needed shoes for church on Sunday. As soon as I got home in my old room on Friday morning, it hit me.  I have no shoes.  I looked underneath my old bed to see if I have any shoes.  Underneath my old bed, I seen some nice black two-inch shoes that I left not too long ago.  As soon as I put on the black shoes, they broke.  Can my day get even worse?  But, I was going to save this day with all my might and strength. My day end up being saved all thanks to a fashionista.

Rescue Me…
Lucky for me, my grandparents lived next door to my parents.  My grandmother and I wore the same shoe size.  My grandmother always kept up with the latest fashion style.  Especially, when it came down to shoes.  I went to my grandparents’ home and begged my grandmother for some shoes to borrow and wear.  She asked me on what color that I needed.  I told her that I need black.  My grandmother had quickly brought out these nice black wedges that was still in the box.  These babies were brand spanking new.  As soon as I seen the wedges, I was in love them.  I always loved wedges because I can wear them all day long with no problem.  They support the feet with no problem.  They give me that height that I desire in a shoe.  In other words, when in doubt, go for the wedges.  My grandmother was a lifesaver.

The Wedges…
The black wedges that my grandmother had lend to me to wear for church were fabulous!  With these babies, I can rock them with almost any attire.  These wedges show enough of my toes and feet to have that fresh season feeling to them.  They were dressy enough for church and an outing with friends and family.  These wedges had no problem making my feet and attire look so fresh.  At the end of the day, it ended up being a blessing for me to brake two my shoes.  I end up rocking great wedges for church.  Now, I just need to buy some shoes for myself.

Comments

Popular Posts