Makeup & Reading


Summer reading is always fun to do.  From exploring new stories, to just challenging the mind of reading more.  That is why I decided to have my makeup be  inspired my the books that I am reading for this summer.  Let the reading and cosmetics begin!

 

First Book…

The first book that I am reading for the summer is called “Where It Rains in Color,” by Denise Crittendon.  My base color was the color Alana.  This beautiful sparkling purple color came from Revolution’s Disney’s “The Little Mermaid”’


makeup pallet.  The color purple was used beautifully on the book cover, so I applied this color on my eyes.  Next, I was loving the colors blue and pink on the book cover as well. I went for my Juvia’s Place’s “The Candy Shop” eyeshadow pallet.  First, I applied the color blue on top of the Alana color.  Then, I mixed the color hot pink within the color blue.  After finishing up my makeup, it had no problem being the exact replica of the book cover.  My makeup look was just as great as the book itself.

 

Second Book…

The second book that I am reading is “Pride” by Ibi


Zoboi.  I went for my Morphe’s “Neutral Territory 9T”.  I use the bare play color as my base color.  Despite that the book cover have no white color in it, there was a reason why I was using this color.  Next,  I went back to my makeup pallet.  I applied the midi color on top of the bare play color.  This tan color was the perfect shade of brown for my eyes.  Next, I blended in the color promise within the midi color.  The sparkling chocolate brown color, along with the midi color, was able to give me an exact replica of the “Pride” book color.  Last but not least, I went for my Juvia’s “The Candy Shop” eyeshadow pallet.  I added in just a little bit of the color hot pink unto the bare play color.  Just like the heading on the book, I want the color hot pink to stand out just a little on my eyes.  In order for the hot pink color to show off, I had to add in the bare play color as my base color.  With my new look, I was able to nail it with the book the cover.

 

Third Book…

The third book that I am reading is “Crazy Faith”


by Michael Todd.  This cover was a little bit tricky for me.  However, I still manage to make it work for me.  I went for my Revolution’s “Disney’s’The Princess and the Frog’” and used the color Evangeline as my base color. The highlight yellow matches perfect like the book cover.  Next, I applied the win-win color on top of the Evangeline color.  At first, I was freaking out when using this black color from my Morphe’s “Neutral Territory 9T” pallet. My makeup look was not going as I wanted it to go.  Thankfully, the thief color from Revolution’s “Cat Woman” had save the look.  I was able to blend this light gray color within the win-win color for my heart desire.  The look bold and cute.  I was liking it.

 

Just like my summer reading, I had fun with my makeup.  Summer reading allowed me to explore and create more with the mind.

Comments

Popular Posts