Look Out For These Scammers


Up until now, I never knew how many scumbags are on the Internet.  I also realized that those scumbags are getting a little bit clever.  But, not for long.  Considering that hardly anyone has a house phone nowadays, scammers are trying to get clever on cellphones.  What makes the matter worse, they are trying to get clever on the Internet.  How is my story.

The Invite….
I ha just posted my blog post “Them Chocolate Eyes”.  Long after that, I had an Instagram Follower named anmol_xonora who commented on my blog post on my Instagram Page.  She claimed that I will be perfect to represent the company she works for.  The company that the Instagram Follower was working for was called Nora NYC.  I looked at anmol_xonora’s Instagram Page and saw the Nora NYC linked.  I end applying for the company.  I was so naïve into not looking at the Instagram Page more clearly.  I was just so thrilled that a company wanted to collaborate with me.
Accepted and Messenger…
After applying for the affiliate position for Nora NYC, it was not long until the company accepted me.  In the e-mail, the company claimed that I would get a  fifty-five percent off deal on my first purchase with free shipping.  They also claimed that I can be featured on their website. The company also claimed that I would be interacting with more bloggers and my Instagram following numbers would be up in no time.  As soon as I posted the e-mail from Nora NYC about what I was going to be doing for their company, I end up getting a message off of Messenger.  It was one of my friends Melanie.  Usually, Melanie text me on my cell phone.  But for her to message me on Messenger, it had to be serious.

The Warning…
As soon as I read a message from Melanie, my heart just sunk all the way to the floor.  Melanie was telling me on how Nora NYC had wanted her friend for the same program.  It turns out that the company is a scam.  As soon as I read Melanie’s message, I looked up the company my own self.  When I looked up the company on Google, I was even more devastated.  It seems as thought Nora NYC would encourage bloggers to buy their sunglasses and would never send them their items.  The company has been scamming bloggers for a year or so.  What made it worse, is that more fashion bloggers are coming forward on YouTube claiming that the company had scammed them.  They all ordered from Nora NYC, twenty days later, they do not get their order.  They have been complaining to the company but, still no order.  The company would either block them or not respond back.  In other words, Nora NYC is full of crap. This company is a scam and every blogger should watch out for them.

Lucky for me, I did not place an other.  I STILL got my money.  However, I do want to warn you guys.  Whenever ANY company or brand approaches anyone on Instagram, YouTube, and or Twitter, make sure to Google them.  Do CSi: Internet version if possible.  If the company have a small number of followers, that is a red flag. The best way to get a scammer, is to look them up on BBB Business Profile. Be careful everyone and know that karma is coming for these so called scumbags.

Comments

Popular Posts